Welcome to Loot A Brick website (hereafter called the “Company”).
Loot A Brick takes its responsibilities under applicable Data Protection and privacy laws and regulations seriously and is committed to respecting the privacy rights and concerns of all Buyers (hereafter collectively called “Users”) of our website.
Users refers to anyone who registers for an account with us and/or for use of our website.
Your privacy is extremely important to us and we believe that it is our responsibility to properly manage, protect and process your personal data.
“Personal Data” means non-public information about an individual who can be identified from that data or from a combination of both that data and other information which an organisation is likely to have access to.
Common examples of personal data could include name, identification number and contact information.
Other Personal Data may include but not limited to information that we receive from third-party platforms, apps, or providers (agents, vendors, contractors, affiliates, partners, and any other third parties who collect your Personal Data and/or perform functions on our behalf, or with whom we collaborate), when our website rely on such platforms to perform its intended purposes or when there is cause for them to be integrated.
2) Collection and Use of Personal Data
- when you register and/or use our website or open an account with us. This includes, without limitation, through cookies which we may deploy when you interact with our application or website;
- when you communicate with us, including with our customer service agents;
- when you interact with our vendors, suppliers, partners and/or affiliates that help provide services
- when you provide us with feedback and/or opinions to improve our services;
- when you participate in any contest and/or lucky draw;
- When you interact with our Social Media pages, including but not limited to Instagram, Facebook, TikTok; and
- when you submit your personal data to us for any reason;
- to consider and/or process your application/transaction with us or your transactions or communications with third parties via the website;
- to manage, operate, provide and/or administer your use of and/or access to our website (including, without limitation, remembering your preference), as well as your relationship and user account with us;
- to respond to, process, deal with or complete a transaction and/or to fulfil your requests for certain products and services and notify you of service issues and unusual account actions;
- to deal with and facilitate customer service, carry out or administer your instructions, or respond to enquiries provided by you;
- to contact and/or communicate with you via voice call, text message and/or email or otherwise, for the purpose of administering and/or managing your relationship with us or your use of our website;
- to prevent or investigate any actual or suspected violations of our Terms of Service, fraud, unlawful activity, omission or misconduct, whether relating to your use of our website or any other matter arising from your relationship with us;
- to protect personal safety and the rights, property or safety of others;
- to respond to legal processes or to comply with or as required by any applicable law, governmental or regulatory requirements or where we have a good faith belief that such disclosure is necessary, including, without limitation, meeting the requirements to make disclosure under the requirements of any law binding on the Company;
- to carry out due diligence or other screening activities (including, without limitation, background checks) in accordance with legal or regulatory obligations or our risk management procedures that may be required by law or that may have been put in place by us;
- to provide marketing materials and content, or to send you promotional information and materials relating to our products and/or services;
- to gather information for the development of our marketing or sales programs;
- to produce statistics and research for internal and statutory reporting and/or record-keeping requirements;
- to conduct research, analysis and development activities, to analyse how you use our services, to recommend products and/or services relevant to your interests, to improve our services or products and/or to enhance your customer experience;
- to allow for audits and surveys including but not limited to, validating the size and composition of our target audience, and understand their experience with the Company’s products & services;
- to store, host, back up (whether for disaster recovery or otherwise) of your personal data, whether within or outside of your jurisdiction;
- any other purpose which we notify you of from time to time and after obtaining your consent.
(collectively, the “Purposes”).
The above is not exhaustive and sets out some common instances of when personal data about you may be collected and used.
To the extent necessary to achieve the purposes of use, we may provide some of your Personal Data to our business partners, agents, vendors, contractors, and affiliates and we may outsource the processing of such information to any such business partners, subsidiaries or affiliates.
We may share User information and information about their use of the Services with advertising partners and third party suppliers of advertisements, remarketing, and/or other programming.
In the event that Privacy Laws or other applicable laws permit an organisation such as us to collect, use or disclose your personal data without your consent, such permission granted by the laws shall continue to apply. Consistent with and subject to applicable law, we may use your personal data for recognized legal grounds including to comply with our legal obligations, to perform our contract with you, to achieve a legitimate interest and our reasons for using it outweigh any prejudice to your data protection rights, or where necessary in connection with a legal claim.
The personal data that we may collect includes but is not limited to name, email address, date of birth, telephone number, gender, billing and/or delivery address, bank account and payment information, location data, information sent by or associated with the device(s) used to access our website, photographs or audio or video recordings that you share with us, marketing and communications data, such as your preferences in receiving marketing from us and third parties, your communication preferences and history of communications with us, our service providers, and other third parties and usage and transaction data, including details about your searches, orders, the advertising and content you interact with on the Platform, and other products and services related to you.
You shall ensure that all Personal Data submitted to us is complete, accurate, true, and correct. Failure on your part to do so may result in our inability to provide you with the Services you have requested or provided instructions for and the Company shall not be liable for any loss, expense, damage, or claim arising out of inaccurate Personal Data being provided to the Company through no default of its own.
“Cookies” are identifiers that are stored on your computer or mobile device that record data about computer or device. The Company, its affiliates and/or partners may from time to time use "cookies" or other features to allow us or third parties to collect or share information in connection with your use of our website. These features help us improve our services we offer.
4) Personal Data Protection and Retention
We implement commercially reasonable technical, administrative, and organizational measures and strive to protect Personal Data from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and/or destruction. However, there can inevitably be no guarantee of absolute security.
Third parties may unlawfully intercept or gain unauthorised access to Personal Data and/or Account Information transmitted to or from the Company’s website through no fault of the Company. Technologies may malfunction or not work as anticipated.
The Company shall take the necessary precaution to protect your Personal Data as required by laws and regulations; however, there can be no guarantee of absolute security, especially in disclosures arising from malicious or sophisticated hacking through no fault of the Company.
5) Third-Party Links, Websites and Platforms
The Company’s website could contain links to third-party websites operated by other companies such as affiliates or business partners. The Company is not responsible for the security of your Personal Data on websites wholly operated by such third parties.
6) Personal Data Retention
The Company will retain your Personal Data for as long as it is required or permitted by law for the purposes for which such data was originally collected. The Company will cease to retain your Personal Data as soon as it is reasonable to the Company that the retention of such data ceases to serve the Purposes for which the Personal Data was collected and is no longer necessary for any legal or business purpose.
Some of the Personal Data collected can be accessed and amended by you through Your Account and is protected by a password set by you. It is recommended that you do not divulge your password to anyone. The Company’s staff, personnel, or agents will never ask you for your password in an unsolicited voice call, text message or email.
8) Contact Us